- Keto Diet: Right for You? July 10, 2019
Considering Keto: Is It the Right Diet for You?
The truth is that a silver bullet for weight loss likely does not exist, but Americans’ perpetual search continues unabated. Low-carb diets such as Paleo, Whole30, and most prominently, Ketogenics, or “keto” may be the latest contenders, yet Academy ... Continue Reading
- Kidney Prevention: Treatment and Prevention July 10, 2019
This Too Shall Pass: Treating and Preventing Kidney Stones
More common, frequently less painful and far more preventable than reputed, kidney stones have, thankfully, entered a new era of highly effective, noninvasive procedures. We bring you up to date on this eminently treatable condition.
Q: Why do kidney stones ... Continue Reading
- Fight Fatigue July 9, 2019
Wake-up Call: Fight Fatigue at Its Roots
Are these ordinary signs of aging? Exhausted throughout the day, joy in life slowly diminishing, active lifestyle becoming a distant memory. No, no and no. Feeling tired all the ... Continue Reading
- Dr. Vallone Is in the News! June 27, 2019
We are proud to announce that Dr. Vallone has earned Washington Consumers’ Checkbook Magazine’s Top Rating for Quality Physicians in the summer 2019 issue. This rating was based on the extremely positive feedback from his own patients.
Dr. Vallone has also recently earned the title of Fellow ... Continue Reading
- An Update on the Measles Outbreak in the US April 29, 2019
What are the newest guidelines for measles vaccinations?
- Adults with no evidence of immunity should get 1 dose of MMR. Immunity is defined as documented receipt of 1 dose, or 2 doses, 4 weeks apart if high risk, of live measles virus-containing vaccine, laboratory ... Continue Reading
- Spring Training April 3, 2019
Spring Training: Ramping Up after a Long, Sedentary Winter
Whether you went into hibernation as the result of a record cold winter season, or took time off from your usual exercise routine because of a busy schedule or illness, spring is an ideal time to get back in action. When done with care, starting or rebooting ... Continue Reading
- Spring Training April 2, 2019 Spring Training Continue Reading
- Medical Marijuana Myths April 2, 2019
Smoking Out the Myths: Medical Marijuana
Does medical marijuana offer a solution to treating epilepsy, chronic pain, anxiety and neurogenerative diseases? Or is it an untested, potentially unsafe treatment that will eventually turn out to be ... Continue Reading
- Adult ADD April 2, 2019
Attention Please: ADD/ADHD is Not Just a Childhood Condition
In the 21stcentury, it’s standard procedure to test unfocused, impulsive and restless children who struggle to achieve in school for Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and Attention Deficit ... Continue Reading
- Dr. Pontz: Washingtonian Magazine’s Top Doctors 2018! February 11, 2019
Dr. Pontz was recently included in Washingtonian Magazine’s list for Top Doctors 2018! Congratulations Dr. Pontz!
View his listing here.Continue Reading