- The Female Factor: Alcohol is Not Gender-Neutral September 23, 2019
Given the growing popularity of the cocktail culture and wine time, it’s important to know that alcohol affects women very differently than men – physiologically, psychologically and socially. It’s worth asking: For women, is the wine glass half full or half empty when considering the risk-versus-benefit ratio?
First, ... Continue Reading
- Happiness Continuum: When Are the Best Years of Our Lives? September 23, 2019
Is there a predetermined peak age for happiness, before which our normal outlook is gloomy and melancholy and after which we slump back into these non-euphoric ways?
Like trying to define why some people are born to be joyful and others to play the role of curmudgeon, this ... Continue Reading
- Safe Passage: Navigating Your Prescription Drugs, From Pickup to Takeback September 23, 2019
If you are not taking your prescription medications as directed (or at all), you’re far from alone: Compliance is estimated at just 50% among U.S. patients. Unfortunately, adherence is a direct impact on quality and length of life, and overall healthcare costs, accounting for up to 50% ... Continue Reading
- Kidney Stones: Treatment & Prevention September 4, 2019
This Too Shall Pass: Treating and Preventing Kidney Stones
More common, frequently less painful and far more preventable than reputed, kidney stones have, thankfully, entered a new era of highly effective, noninvasive procedures. We bring you ... Continue Reading
- Keto Diet: Right for You? August 1, 2019
Considering Keto: Is It the Right Diet for You?
The truth is that a silver bullet for weight loss likely ... Continue Reading
- Fight Fatigue July 9, 2019
Wake-up Call: Fight Fatigue at Its Roots
Are these ordinary signs of aging? Exhausted throughout the day, joy in life slowly diminishing, active lifestyle becoming a distant memory. No, no and no. Feeling tired all the ... Continue Reading
- Dr. Vallone Is in the News! June 27, 2019
We are proud to announce that Dr. Vallone has earned Washington Consumers’ Checkbook Magazine’s Top Rating for Quality Physicians in the summer 2019 issue. This rating was based on the extremely positive feedback from his own patients.
Dr. Vallone has also recently earned the title of Fellow ... Continue Reading
- An Update on the Measles Outbreak in the US April 29, 2019
What are the newest guidelines for measles vaccinations?
- Adults with no evidence of immunity should get 1 dose of MMR. Immunity is defined as documented receipt of 1 dose, or 2 doses, 4 weeks apart if high risk, of live measles virus-containing vaccine, laboratory ... Continue Reading
- Spring Training April 3, 2019
Spring Training: Ramping Up after a Long, Sedentary Winter
Whether you went into hibernation as the result of a record cold winter season, or took time off from your usual exercise routine because of a busy schedule or illness, spring is an ideal time to get back in action. When done with care, starting or rebooting ... Continue Reading
- Spring Training April 2, 2019 Spring Training Continue Reading