All News & Events
- The Female Factor: Alcohol is Not Gender-Neutral September 23, 2019
Given the growing popularity of the cocktail culture and wine time, it’s important to know that alcohol affects women very differently than men – physiologically, psychologically and socially. It’s worth asking: For women, is the wine glass half full or half empty when considering the risk-versus-benefit ratio?
First, ... Continue Reading
- Happiness Continuum: When Are the Best Years of Our Lives? September 23, 2019
Is there a predetermined peak age for happiness, before which our normal outlook is gloomy and melancholy and after which we slump back into these non-euphoric ways?
Like trying to define why some people are born to be joyful and others to play the role of curmudgeon, this ... Continue Reading
- Safe Passage: Navigating Your Prescription Drugs, From Pickup to Takeback September 23, 2019
If you are not taking your prescription medications as directed (or at all), you’re far from alone: Compliance is estimated at just 50% among U.S. patients. Unfortunately, adherence is a direct impact on quality and length of life, and overall healthcare costs, accounting for up to 50% ... Continue Reading
- Dr. Vallone Is in the News! June 27, 2019
We are proud to announce that Dr. Vallone has earned Washington Consumers’ Checkbook Magazine’s Top Rating for Quality Physicians in the summer 2019 issue. This rating was based on the extremely positive feedback from his own patients.
Dr. Vallone has also recently earned the title of Fellow ... Continue Reading
- An Update on the Measles Outbreak in the US April 29, 2019
What are the newest guidelines for measles vaccinations?
- Adults with no evidence of immunity should get 1 dose of MMR. Immunity is defined as documented receipt of 1 dose, or 2 doses, 4 weeks apart if high risk, of live measles virus-containing vaccine, laboratory ... Continue Reading
- Dr. Pontz: Washingtonian Magazine’s Top Doctors 2018! February 11, 2019
Dr. Pontz was recently included in Washingtonian Magazine’s list for Top Doctors 2018! Congratulations Dr. Pontz!
View his listing here.Continue Reading
- American Heart Month: Healthy Recipe February 7, 2019
February is American Heart Month.
Click here to find a list of other heart-healthy recipes provided by the American Heart Association.Continue Reading
- Cooking the Rainbow 12/5/17 at Lapham Community Center November 29, 2017
“It’s still not too late to sign up for our kickoff holiday cooking event!
These dishes don’t just look delicious… they are designed to lower systemic inflammation and oxidative stress, and to support our gut microbiome- a festive, tasty way to enhance our health, especially during ... Continue Reading
- Our November 15th Open House November 20, 2017
Thank you to all our current, former and new patients who attended the November 15th Open House. We hope you enjoyed visiting the office and seeing the team. We were so excited by the number of patients who joined us for the delicious appetizers, organic wines and acupressure assessments. We truly appreciate your support and ... Continue Reading
- Dr. Leibowitz: “Faces of New Canaan” 2017 November 9, 2017
Published on October 30, 2017
Click to to here to view the online magazine and see why Dr. Leibowitz is the face of personalized medicine in New Canaan.